It can sometimes be frustrating.
With the high rate of EV ownership in Europe, Asia, and North America, a new challenge seems to be developing gradually. The ability to find suitable EV charger manufacturers is undoubtedly becoming a challenge. Especially for new EV owners taking their baby steps in the EV industry, getting accurate and helpful information is always priceless. This post helps you identify and highlight some of the top-range EV charger manufacturers around and where to get them.
So, without further ado, let’s dive in.
Top 15 EV Charger Manufacturers
Here are the top EV charger manufacturers you should consider in your search.
|Rank||EV Charger Manufacturer||Headquarter||Year Established|
|3||Eaton Corporation||Dublin, Ireland||2021|
|4||BP||Milton Keynes, England||2018|
|5||Shell||London, United Kingdom||2017|
|6||Schneider Electric||Cedex, France||2014|
|9||Tesla, Inc.||Texas, USA||2012|
|11||Blink Charging||FL, USA||2009|
- Address – Shenzhen, China
- Year of Experience – 7 years, (2015)
- Certificates – EN, ISO, CE, IEC, SAE
- Company Introduction – With over twenty years of combined experience in the EV charging industry, EV-Top is known as a leading manufacturer of EV charging solutions. Though they’ve been established since 2015, their reach has grown beyond the boundaries of their local Chinese market. Their quality chargers with reputable OEMs and a solid production process have earned them a top-class reputation in the industry, aligning so many EV owners to their products and services. Additionally, their facility, strategically located in the Asian Silicon Valley of Shenzhen, has a footprint of 10,000 square meters, accommodating their highly qualified and experienced research team that helps develop and design innovative EV charging solutions. These solutions serve a specific set of EV owners ranging from home charging, workplace charging, and public or business place charging.
- Products Offered – Home charging units, Public fast-charging stations, AC/DC charging stations, charging accessories.
- Address – Munich, Germany
- Year of Experience – 12 years (2010)
- Certificates – CE, EMC, EN, RCD, ISO.
- Company Introduction – Established some 175 years ago, Siemens is a household name when referring to the manufacture of electrical control and monitoring devices. Their solid foundation built in manufacturing these devices has been transferred to the manufacture of EV chargers, but not without necessary collaborations with key automotive makers. Siemens added EV charging manufacturing to its portfolio of services in 2010 and has since planted its foot firmly in the industry. With a dedication to reducing carbon footprint and commitment to quality manufacturing, Siemens has been able to expand its network of charging stations in Europe, the Americas, and some of the most remote parts of Africa. Its vision is to install over a million EV charging stations by 2025 to meet its goal of a faster transition from fossil fuel to EVs.
- Products Offered – Standard charging stations, Fast-charging stations, Dual plug charging stations, AC/DC charging stations, and charging accessories.
3. Eaton Corporation
- Address – Dublin, Ireland
- Year of Experience – 1 year (2021)
- Certificates – CE, UL, ISO FCC
- Company Introduction – After being a major player in the automotive market for a long time, Eaton Corporation decided to join the race to reduce carbon emissions in the environment by starting its EV charger manufacturing. It’s incredible what they’ve accomplished in one year while leveraging its well-established manufacturing structure from its auto manufacturing days. Also, Eaton acquired the Swiss EV charger manufacturer, Green Motion, and its focus has been to reach many EV owners with easily accessible charging solutions for their electric vehicles. However, Eaton directs all of its efforts to manufacturing home, public, and EV charging solutions for business owners. With over 97,000 workers worldwide, Eaton’s dedication to good customer service is often evident in the way its employees respond to customers and in the quality of their EV charging solutions. They have numerous awards for their hard work, one of which is the CALSTART Blue Skey award.
- Products Offered – Level 1,2,3 charging units and accessories.
- Address – Milton Keynes, England.
- Year of Experience – 4 years (2018)
- Certificates – CE, EN, ISO, UL, ENERGY STAR.
- Company Introduction – As an English EV charging solutions provider, BP has long been in the business of providing energy in the oil and gas sector but has since converted its attention to alternative sources and manufacturing supporting infrastructure. Its venture into the EV charging station manufacturing is four years now and counting, with so much achievement to show in just a little while in the industry. Frankly, BP is no minion, and it is evident with the number of EV charging stations it’s been able to install. Already, BP has installed more than 174,000 charging stations in more than 2,000 locations worldwide. It has also acquired a majority interest in the EV charging giant, Chargemaster, which has enhanced its production capabilities and has helped it to reach so many EV owners. Also, they continue to invest in advanced and sophisticated manufacturing equipment to help them quickly reach more EV users and accomplish a cleaner and less carbon polluted environment.
- Products Offered – Home charging stations, fast-charging stations, DC rapid chargers, AC charging stations, and charging accessories.
- Address – London, United Kingdom
- Year of Experience – 5 years (2017)
- Certificates – ISO, UL, CE. EN
- Company Introduction – As a longstanding energy production company in the oil and gas industry, Shell has had numerous successes and has decided to transfer its successes into the EV infrastructure manufacturing industry. Changing its name to Shell Recharge to represent its mission for a greener energy source, Shell has been able to provide more than 275,000 charging stations around Europe alone. Its commitment to a greener and cleaner environment has seen Shell invest heavily in the research and development of smart charging stations for various categories of EV owners, including home chargers and public charging stations. It is vigorously trying to increase its network of charging stations around Europe and the rest of the world. Shell’s vision is to help more drivers transition from fossil fuel cars to EVs by providing the necessary infrastructure to make their charging experience enjoyable.
- Products Offered – Regular and Fast-charging stations, AC/DC chargers, and charging accessories.
6. Schneider Electric
- Address – Cedex, France
- Year of Experience – 8 years (2014)
- Certificates – IEC/EN, CE, CB, OCA, OCPP, UL
- Company Introduction – After 180 years as a trusted electrical device manufacturing company, Schneider has leveraged the trust its numerous customers have for its products into the EV charging industry. Since 2014 when it started manufacturing EV charging stations, Schneider has reached some commendable milestones. Its partnership with ChargePoint, a foremost EV charger manufacturer, has yielded a lot of achievements. Its network of EV charging stations has significantly increased with a huge investment made to help it capture a part of the EV market. Its revenue in the EV infrastructure manufacture business hit 28 billion euros in 2021 and has continued to increase ever since. Their dedicated workforce of over 166,000 globally also contributes immensely to this success.
- Products Offered – EV fast chargers, parking charging stations, wall-mounted chargers, residential chargers, and charging accessories like charging cables and adapters.
- Address – Gerlingen, Germany
- Year of Experience – 9 years (2013)
- Certificates – FCC, UL, CSA, SAE, NEC, IEC.
- Company Introduction – 9 years of experience is a long time in the EV charging industry, and Bosch has proven its prowess in this industry. Since 2013, Bosch has dedicated its services to ensure easy accessibility of EV owners to affordable chargers. Fortunately, they’ve been highly successful. Bosch has built a formidable and well-structured manufacturing process over the years and quality collaborations that have helped it make significant progress in the industry. With more than 300,000 global associates and 4,500 patents, Bosch is one of the most innovative manufacturers of EV chargers and has continuously invested in making EV chargers more intuitive, accessible, and affordable.
- Products Offered – Rapid charging stations, regular home charging stations, DC fast-charging stations, charging accessories.
- Headquarters (city, country) – Vasteras, Sweden/Zurich, Switzerland
- Year of Experience – 12 years (2010)
- Certificates – CE, UL, ISO.
- Company Introduction – Known for 34 years as a leading electrical device manufacturer, ABB has since 2010 joined the league of manufacturers of EV chargers. Standing on its long-established solid foundation of quality and innovation, ABB has had the opportunity to manufacture some of the most advanced EV charging solutions. With over 400 million US dollars in annual revenue, ABB has consistently invested 5% of its yearly revenue in research and development, which accounts for its success. It also has some of the best-qualified individuals in its research and development team, enabling it to make some of its most significant progress. Additionally, its 3,600 square meters manufacturing plant in the Netherlands costs 10 million US dollars and facilitates the manufacturing of quality EV chargers and its advanced manufacturing processes and equipment. ABB has been able to install more than 17,000 charging stations in Europe alone and has the ambition to increase it rapidly in a few years.
- Products Offered – AC/DC charging stations, public fast-charging stations, charging accessories.
9. Tesla, Inc.
- Address – 1 Tesla Road, Austin, Texas 78725, USA
- Year of Experience – 10 years (2012)
- Certificates – CE, UL, FCC, ENERGY STAR
- Company Introduction – Tesla has been known as a pioneering EV manufacturer since it started in 2010 and has been able to manufacture some of the first solutions in the EV industry. One major solution provided in 2012 is its proprietary EV chargers known as SuperChargers. While these EV chargers can charge EVs rapidly in minutes with their 480V DC, it is reserved for only its brand of EVs. Nonetheless, recent SuperChargers are beginning to carry a charging socket to accommodate other EVs brands. Tesla has installed over 30,000 SuperChargers in over 2,600 stations fully integrated into its network of EV chargers. Also, Tesla is constantly investing in research to develop more intuitive charging solutions for its teeming customers worldwide. They are also one of the most successful companies globally, with revenues reaching 53.8 billion US dollars, a 5.3 million square meters Giga factory, and over 7,000 employees worldwide.
- Products Offered – Supercharger, EV charger wall connectors, adapters, cable organizer, power walls, power packs, solar roofs.
- Headquarters (city, country) – Rome, Italy
- Year of Experience – 5 years (2017)
- Certificates – CE, UL, ISO
- Company Introduction – Enel X is often considered a stop shop of innovation for everything EV charging. Its five years of industry experience have been powered by highly qualified experts driving innovative and smart charging solutions for different categories of EV owners. After partnering with several automotive companies, Enel X has come to be known for quality EV chargers, and its automation experience also helps to make EV chargers more intuitive. Most importantly, Enel X is very invested in research and development, which has helped it move to its next phase of success. Its workforce includes over 3,000 dedicated employees behind its over 470 million US dollars in revenue. Still, Enel X is on the move to reach 0ver 700,000 installed charging stations after successfully installing 50,000 charging stations globally.
- Products Offered – Residential EV chargers, public charging points, smart charging accessories.
11. Blink Charging
- Address – 605 Lincoln Rd, 5th Floor Miami Beach, FL 33139, USA
- Year of Experience – 13 years (2009)
- Certificates – CE, UL, CHAdeMO, RCM, FCC, IC
- Company Introduction – As one of the leading manufacturers of EV charging solutions globally, Blink Charging is a household name when it comes to quality EV chargers in the US market. They have been providing EV chargers to various EV drivers since 2009 and are well equipped with the technology to deliver great products. They have fast chargers and rapid chargers in their portfolio of products coupled with which they install for a teeming number of EV owners both at home, in parking lots, in public places, and the workplace.
- Products Offered – Home charging stations, business charging stations, DC fast charging, Level 2 EV charging stations, mobile emergency charger.
- Address – Brisbane, Queensland, Australia.
- Year of Experience – 21 years (2001)
- Certificates – CE, UL, ISO.
- Company Introduction – After its establishment in 2001, Tritium quickly went to work on innovative charging solutions for various types of EV owners and soon became a leading figure in the EV industry. Its brand of fast chargers goes through some rigid quality production processes that ensure the best EV chargers are manufactured while meeting some of the highest durability standards. One of Tritium’s goals is to provide technologically enhanced chargers that are easily accessible and efficient. As one of Australia’s leading EV charger manufacturers, Tritium’s chargers are easy to install and intuitive, advancing the talks around electric mobility even for air travel.
- Products Offered – Electric vehicle chargers and charging accessories.
- Address – Montréal, Quebec, Canada
- Year of Experience – 11 years (2011)
- Certificates – FCC, CE, IEC, ISO.
- Company Introduction – Canada’s largest EV operator of the EV charging network, FLO, was established in 2011 and has since provided charging infrastructure that satisfies several categories of EV owners’ requirements. Their services consider EV owners in the residential, workplace, and business spaces to ensure that they can access the charging stations irrespective of their location. But their emphasis is on quality and seamless charging experience for EV owners. FLO also collaborates with forward-thinking companies such as the North American EV charging company, AddEnergie.
- Products Offered – Home charging station, public charging station, charging accessories.
- Address – Brüsseler Platz 1 45131 Essen
- Year of Experience – 22 years (2000)
- Certificates – UL, ISO, EN, CE.
- Company Introduction – Established in the year 2,000 as a merger between 2 of Germany’s most profitable energy companies, E.ON has been at the forefront of making EV charging accessible to EV owners in Germany, Europe, and the world. Their range of EV charging products includes home charging, business charging, workplace charging, and charging on the highway between cities. E.ON’s objective is to deliver intuitive, smart, and easy charging stations to various EV owners with different charging requirements. They are also proponents of EV knowledge to ensure EV drivers get the right information relating to EV charging and accessibility, and cost-effectiveness.
- Products Offered – Standard EV chargers, fast chargers, charging accessories.
- Headquarters (city, country) – Courbevoie, France
- Year of Experience – 4 years (2018)
- Certificates – CE, ISO, IEC, UL
- Company Introduction – After being a leading oil and gas company for 98 years, TotalEnergies recently became a manufacturer of EV chargers. Its objective is to be part of the charge to reduce carbon emissions and to make the EV charging experience better for EV owners. While it acquired G2mobility, another major player in the EV industry, TotalEnergies has never stopped its research into innovative ways and methods to improve the EV charging experience and develop solutions that meet various charging requirements. Also, it has been seeking ways to integrate EV charging into a technologically advanced system and regularly finds an opportunity to increase its network of charging stations around the world.
- Products Offered – Fast chargers, home charging units, charging accessories.
In the end, finding a suitable charger manufacturer for your EV should not give you sleepless nights. While there are dependable EV manufacturers scattered around the globe for you to select, there might be a challenge if you’ve not articulated your requirements. Also, while you might be a newbie to the EV industry, it might be instructive to locate a manufacturer that has a consistent track record of success and one that can meet you at a middle ground with your budget. While very experienced in the industry, Chinese EV charger manufacturers such as EV-Top can also be cost-effective if they are strategically placed in a location with an abundance of experts. This helps them stay very competitive with their price while retaining the highest quality standard.