Benefits of Installing EV Charging at your Parking Complex
Attracting EV Customers
Drivers with electric vehicles are often attracted to commercial parking lots where they are sure of getting a charging point which makes their lives easier and less stressful.
Commitment to the Environment
An EV charging point shows a commitment to having a clean and carbon-free environment as a commercial parking lot.
Increased Property Value
With a charging point for EVs, the property value increases at a geometric rate and faster than a commercial parking lot with not charging for EVs.
Service & Support
An installation guide showing you the procedures for installing the Home EV charging equipment comes along with the charger on delivery.
To ensure you get maximum benefits and demonstrate our commitment to customers’ satisfaction, we give a 2-year warranty for the charger after installation.
Our after-sales support team is on the ground and available round the clock to give you all the assistance you need if you ever run into any difficulty using the EV charger.
How We Work
We’re here for you every step of the way, from the first message to the installation and beyond.Quicke Quote
Tell us Your Requirement
The first step requires carefully considering what you need to achieve your EV charging objectives and then sending us these requirements to understand these criteria.
Consider Power and Charge Connector
The second step is to help us understand the charging connection and power supply configurations you are considering for your electric vehicle.
Get Your Free Quote
For the third step, we send you a free quotation detailing your electric vehicle’s charging requirements and the cost of manufacturing and installing a suitable charging station in your home.
Confirm the Quotation
The next step is to give the go-ahead for the quotes we sent you to give your consent.
Pay Deposit and Schedule Production
Making a deposit and scheduling a production time is the next step to begin the production process.
Maintenance and Support
Our maintenance and support are the very last steps that give you the assistance you need in case you run into any challenges while using the charger.
Frequently Asked Questions
Commercial EV charging stations are often suitable for business outfits that want to increase customer acquisition, increase property value, or satisfy their employees. However, these businesses are often sizable and have the budget for it. They include locations like workplaces where many people spend most of their time. A workplace’s parking lot is a good spot for locating an EV charging station. Employees can maximize the parking period for charging their EVs while doing other productive assignments. Shopping centers also find it profitable to install commercial EV charging stations as many people often shop and buy different items. The high traffic volume at these shopping centers makes it a perfect location for siting an EV charging station. Business districts are often government-planned and designated sites for businesses like malls, restaurants, and office blocks, making it a good location for an EV charging station.
There are three levels of charging stations that are generally categorized based on their respective charging speeds. Therefore, determining your clients’ needs based on the charging speeds they require will often help you identify the type of charging station to install.
- The level 1 charging station has a charging speed of between 3 to 5 miles per hour and a voltage requirement of 120 volts. This type is the cheapest charging station and the slowest.
- The level 2 charging station has a charging speed of between 10 to 54 miles per hour with a voltage requirement of 240 volts. This type is more expensive than the level 1 charging station, but it is also faster. Level 2 charging station is the most common type of commercial charging station.
- The level 3 charging station has a charging speed of between 75 to 300 miles per hour with a voltage requirement of 480 volts. It is the most expensive to install and the fastest of the three charging station types.
For a commercial EV charging station, level 2 chargers are the most common types of chargers used, and these have an average upfront cost of $6,000. Nonetheless, other factors can significantly increase or reduce this cost.
- One critical factor is the availability of critical infrastructure like concrete base, electricity cabling and conducting, parking lots, and signages. If these infrastructures are already on ground, the cost might be significantly reduced. Otherwise, such infrastructures can further increase the cost.
- Installation cost is another critical factor that may increase having a commercial EV charging station as different providers charge differently for installation. Some of the things these installers consider when giving their prices include location, labor required, local permits, material quantities, and the number of chargers.
- Wi-Fi connectivity is another cost-related factor as you’ll need a Wi-Fi connection to monitor the usage of the service, restrict the service in certain situations, and bill the users.
The government in certain localities have put incentives to encourage the use of Electric vehicles. These incentives are geared at reducing the carbon emission in these communities and increasing cleaner air. The US government, for instance, offers a federal tax credit system called the Fuel Vehicle Refueling Property Tax Credit that offsets up to 30% or $30,000 of the total cost of installing a charging station.
Also, 45 of the 50 states in the US offer incentives under the Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment (EVSE) program to reduce the cost of installing EV charging stations. Sometimes, these incentives can cover up to $5,000 and $70,000 for level 2 and level 3 charging stations, respectively.
Installing a commercial EV charging station, just like any investment, requires some financial commitment. And though this investment might be significant, the opportunity for incentives and rebates from local authorities reduces the financial burdens. Also, benefits like customer retention and attraction, brand awareness, increased profits, and employee retention makes it exciting and meaningful. Most prospective commercial EV charger investors complain about a reliable supplier as their biggest challenge. That’s why we have positioned ourselves to help you answer all your questions from preliminary designs up until delivery and installation of the charging station.
This is a great buy for me as I can now charge my car in less than two hours compared to the six hours that I often used to charge my car with the former charger.
It is customer service for me. Their assistance before purchasing these charging stations was very helpful, seeing that I knew very little about it. And the charging stations are awesome.
The charging stations have been great so far, and they charge fast. Aoli has a great warranty program, which attracted me to them from the beginning.