It’s a loose cannon.
That can perfectly describe the frustration you feel when you fail to locate a suitable EV charger manufacturer after searching for a long time. This challenge is not unique but typical for most EV owners, especially if you are just transitioning from fossil fuel cars to electric vehicles. However, there are top-notch EV charger manufacturers around you if only you know where to look. This post highlights six reliable EV charger manufacturers in Sweden – if you’re looking in the Swedish market. So, without further ado, let’s meet them.
Top 6 EV Charger Manufacturers in Sweden
Here is a list of the top Swedish EV charger manufacturers you should know about.
|Rank||EV Charger Manufacturer||Year Established|
- Address – Rostugnsvagen 3 Vikmanshyttan, 776 70 Sweden
- Year of Experience – 13 years (2009)
- Certificates – ISO, CE, UL, IEC
- Company Introduction – Established in 2009, CTEK is recognized as one of Sweden’s leading EV charging station manufacturers, with over 1million chargers sold yearly worldwide. Though it primarily started as a battery manufacturer, fortunately, it acquired Inelco – a foremost EV charger manufacturer, in 2013, which further helped boost its EV charger production capacity. Its well-defined structure and solid management practice were brought forward to enhance its productivity in the EV charging business, making it one of the world’s most innovative EV charger manufacturers. CTEK’s innovation in designing EV chargers that reduce the space required for installing EV chargers, especially in a residential environment, is one of its unique selling points. Still, its charging systems can manage power consumption using intelligent charging systems with safety and durability as a core design commitment.
- Products Offered – Wall-mounted EV chargers, column EV charging stations, portable chargers, home and workplace charging units, and charging accessories.
- Address – 2 Lindvallens, Handelsområde, 780 67 Sälen, Sweden
- Year of Experience – 6 years (2016)
- Certificates – CE, ISO, UL
- Company Introduction – Vattenfall’s EV charging project, also known as Incharge, has been one of the EV industry’s new revelations. Established in 2016, Vattenfall has been a proponent of the reduced carbon emission project and has initiated its EV charging manufacturing venture to back its commitment to the cause. Also, it is one of the organizations that believe in EVs as the future and is making moves early to ensure EV chargers are easily accessible to EV owners when they need them. What’s more, they aim to reach as many EV users as possible, notwithstanding where they are, be it at home, workplace, or on the road. Vattenfall is gradually expanding its reach to other countries outside of Sweden, including Germany, the Nordics, and the Netherlands, collaborating with governments and businesses to install more charging infrastructure worldwide.
- Products Offered – Regular home charger, DC fast chargers, charging cables, and accessories.
3. Mer Sweden
- Address – Södra Stenbocksgatan 77, 252 47 Helsingborg, Sweden
- Year of Experience – 7 years (2015)
- Certificates – CE, ISO, IEC
- Company Introduction – Mer Sweden AB was established in 2015 when it used to be known as Bee Charging Solutions AB. However, the name change, which came as a result of a merger with Green Contact, has not reduced the quality of its EV chargers. Instead, it has invested more in research to develop a better charging experience for EV owners and make chargers more accessible to EV users worldwide. Its mission since 2009 has been an environmentally friendly traveling space which also informed its collaboration with Green Contact. Additionally, Mer continues to form alliances and partnerships with automotive companies, utility companies, and leasing companies to ensure that EV drivers have easy access to charging stations everywhere, including at home, work, and on the road. Hence, their influx of more investment into the Swedish EV industry increases the number of EV charging stations in their network.
- Products Offered – Home charging solutions, work charging stations, charging accessories.
4. Charge Amps
- Address – Frösundaleden 2B, 8th floor 169 75, Solna, Sweden
- Year of Experience – 10 years (2012)
- Certificates – ISO, CE, UL, EN
- Company Introduction – The necessity to improve the charging experience for EV owners spun Charge Amps into existence in 2012 by Fredrik Jonsson, an early EV owner, and an IT expert. His conviction was that EV chargers should look sleek and pretty, using more sustainable materials for their production. Also, the hours taken to charge EVs back then were too long, and Charge Amps set out to significantly reduce this charging time with its designs. Ever since those humble beginnings, Charge Amps has grown to become one of Sweden’s leading EV charger manufacturers. But that’s not all. It also pioneered technological and user-intuitive charging solutions in the EV charging space. While its starting point was Sweden, Charge Amps has gradually but surely extended its services into other Nordic regions and the rest of Europe and the world.
- Products Offered – Fast charging station, charging cables, and accessories.
- Address – Södergatan 26, 335 33 Gnosjö, Sweden
- Year of Experience – 14 years (2008)
- Certificates – ISO, EN, CE, IEC.
- Company Introduction – After 14 years since its first EV charging unit production, GARO has strategically placed itself at the forefront of innovative EV charging solutions. GARO prides itself as a manufacturer of EV chargers with futureproof design. Its journey to a leading EV charging infrastructure provider progressed from its days as a car heating system installer back in 1939 to providing marinas and campgrounds with power outlets. Nonetheless, GARO is where it is today due to its commitment to quality design and manufacturing innovative power supply systems. Its mission is to provide highly durable charging units that can stand the test of time in a harsh environment without losing their aesthetic appeal. Thankfully, it has continued to expand its portfolio of products that meet reality’s requirements, from home charging to public charging realities.
- Products Offered – Wall box charging units, DC fast chargers, public charging stations, charging accessories.
- Address – Fläskebovägen 6, SE-438 91 Landvetter, Sweden
- Year of Experience – 4 years (2018)
- Certificates – CE, UL, ISO
- Company Introduction – Established in 2018, Charge Node was born out of the necessity to produce a super-smart charger that regulates consumption and reduces the space necessary for installing EV charging units. After kickstarting the patent registration of the technologically advanced charging unit back in 2018, the prototype was subsequently released in 2019, and within a year, Charge Node had installed over 1,500 EV chargers across Sweden. Its target audience includes homes and residential buildings, business entities, and workplaces. With an investment of SEK 115 million by a Swedish investment organization – Formica, in 2021, Charge Node then increased its production capacity with a projection to hit a million charging stations installed in a few years.
- Products Offered – Multiple charging point stations and charging accessories.
What does all this mean? The fact that you have all these quality manufacturers from Sweden does not mean you shouldn’t check out other quality EV charger manufacturers in other markets. For instance, the Chinese market offers high-quality and reliable EV charger manufacturers like EV-Top. EV-Top has been in the industry for over 35 years, strategically located in Shenzhen – China’s Silicon Valley, where they take advantage of the large pool of experienced hands and experts in the EV manufacturing field. Their commitment to quality service and international standards is immediately evident as they comply with many internationally accepted standards, including CE, ISO, IEC, FCC, and UL.